I have honestly never experienced as smooth a Go-Live as we had last week in Pensacola, Florida.
Last week at the PCC Print Shop we installed and implemented PrintVis 2015 with a same-day Go-Live that included integration to:
- AGFA ApogeeX 9.0 through JDF
- A machine-count software on the web-fed presses (approximated JDF/JMF)
- A scales and measure software (XML)
- Warehouse scanners for full bin management
- External warehouse system for customer
- Additionally having 2 other bespoke integration points of order inflow and order updates
- Our own Shop Floor system with extended bespoke functionality
So, not a simple setup. Also not the shortest project ever – actually the longest for me, going live 1½ years after the implementation startup, for various reasons.
Peter and I came in on Monday, January 18th to prepare the crossover, clearing the test data, moving web services and communications routes and making sure all things were aligned, together with the PrintShop project team.
We went live on the morning of January 25th.
The week of January 25th was so quiet – as we phased out the old system and phased in orders in PrintVis.
I spent the week adding more BI to the system and assisting the users when the system would give them a message they did not expect. Peter made extra reports which we had planned for after Go-Live, and corrected a few reports and screens. That was it!