Virtual PrintVis Bootcamp 2021
During the past few months the PrintVis team has been holding intensive beginner training for new consultants in our ever expanding Partner network. We called it Virtual PrintVis Bootcamp 2021.
More than 20 attendees from around the world engaged in two 2 hour sessions each week over a ten week period, learning the fundamentals of the PrintVis print MIS system, built on the robust ERP engine of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The training was ideal for new partners as well as new consultants at existing partner companies who may have had little knowledge about PrintVis – and those who needed a brush-up.
An Ambitious Learning Plan
Beginning in May, Virtual PrintVis Bootcamp 2021 was hosted by different instructors from the PrintVis team, with a highly ambitious learning plan that covered:
- How to Navigate in PrintVis
- Case Creation
- Basic Estimation
- Order Management
- Procurement and Purchase
- Shop Floor
- PrintVis user setup, status codes, and responsibility areas
- Item type codes, qualities, color table, and format codes
- Items and additional rates
- Order types, product groups, and departments
- Standard units, unit of measure, and extra work codes
- Cost centers/configurations, speed tables, scrap tables
- Capacity units, cost center rates, and calculation units
- Planning units, milestones, opening hour profiles, opening hours
- Price list overview
- Template creation and assignment (items and product groups)
- Planning options and functionality
- Shop floor setup, examples, and QA checklist
- Warehousing and shipping
- Invoicing and invoice templates
- PV finance setup
- Tools and tool selection and impositions
- Integrations (JDF, JMF, DCM, Web2PV, Outlook)
- Integrated fields and user fields
- Folders and document management
- Quick Quote setup and usage
- Reporting/Merge Fields
As you can tell by the extensive list of topics, PrintVis is a comprehensive system built to provide total management of a print shop. The level of complexity in the setup is up to you and the way you run your business. And just as PrintVis undergoes continuous development and improvement, we constantly strive to strengthen our partner network and their knowledge of the system, so that they can then bring their expertise to our end customers in the worldwide print industry.
“I have been very impressed with the PrintVis solution and with the PrintVis approach to opportunity engagement.” – Brett Garret, Development Executive, Eclipse Computing (Australia) Pty Ltd.
“We recently had a PrintVis client speak about their delight with their solution after implementing it nearly 9 years ago. If that isn’t a testament to the success and longevity of this product – I don’t know what is! Congratulations on this big milestone and here’s to many more!” – Gavin Tye, KPMG CrimsonWing, United Kingdom
Are you a certified Microsoft Dynamics reseller, interested in becoming a PrintVis Partner? Go here to learn more.
Start a Free Trial of Microsoft Certified Print MIS/ERP Software Today
If you’re reading this and you’ve never heard of PrintVis, what better way to try out our complete solution for the print industry than to get your own sandbox and play in it? Now that we can offer you a free trial through Microsoft AppSource you have every reason to get your hands “dirty,” get to know the look and feel of the sleek Business Central interface, use some of our handy how-to guides on basics such as creating user roles, quotes, cost centers (your machine park) and more. It’s browser based so all you need is an internet connection to get started. We’ll be happy to connect you with a Partner to answer all of your questions and show you the steps – either before or after you’ve downloaded a trial database.
Want to learn more about what to look for in an MIS/ERP software?
There are crucial differences when it comes to the needs of the print industry. Go here to download a free PDF quick guide.
Want to get helpful articles like this straight to your inbox? Subscribe today!