Most print companies these days are feeling pressured to improve and expand their use of information technology, to take advantage of changing buying behavior and new market opportunities. Unfortunately, the preparation for these projects is often focused solely on the technology, leaving other important success factors under-considered. Are you preparing yourself properly for your project’s success?
Right Solution = Half the Battle
There is a common notion that the contribution of a chosen software solution comprises less than 50% of the defined success in ERP projects or digital transformation initiatives. Nevertheless, the focus in market research still leans heavily on the technology aspect. Not rarely, over 90% of the questions in RFI/RFP documents (for those still using them) are product related. This means other critical success factors are being underestimated or ignored, increasing the risk of failure.
When aiming for a successful project, here are some additional key elements to consider:
- Clear business goals. What is it that you want to achieve with this implementation? How do these goals correlate to your overall business strategy? Ideally, these goals are carefully considered and defined. Document existing processes and work to identify where changes are needed.
- Good internal communication – on ‘the why’ behind the project initiative. Ideally, these goals are defined in a way that every employee is not only able to fully understand, but also to discuss with one another.
- Good communication with your implementation partner. The importance of developing an open dialogue with your vendor cannot be overstated. An experienced partner will analyze your business, work with you to develop a strategy and establish benchmarks for project success along the way.
- Modernized business processes. Today’s customers expect the perception of being in the center of everything you do. If you are not willing to create a customer-centric organization, they will simply spend their budgets elsewhere. Modernizing your business processes is a crucial element for achieving future success.
- Active management involvement. You can’t expect your IT department to change your business processes and your organization’s mindset, right? That is and always was management’s job. Active involvement from the management side is an indispensable element of project success, particularly when confronted with a change-averse organization, which is simply human nature.
- Well trained end-users. Putting your customers first requires well-trained and motivated end-users. Traditionally, end-users were trained in one application only. In today’s reality it is more common that they understand and oversee the whole IT-platform.
Lastly, remember that technology is a tool! The human component of your business isn’t undergoing digital transformation. They are merely adapting to new tools and methods with the goal of continuous improvement in a well-run, happy and efficient print company.
A Solution You Won’t Outgrow
PrintVis is the Microsoft-certified MIS solution for the print industry vertical, based on their world-proven ERP platform now known as Dynamics 365 Business Central. PrintVis lets you respond to growth and decline in a highly dynamic business environment, whether you work in flexible packaging, rigid packaging, label, commercial print, wide format or any other component of the print industry spectrum.
With your primary cost driver being the number of users you need, PrintVis gives you extraordinary flexibility. Our business model lets you maintain your investment level in accordance with your current use of the product. Simply put, you don’t pay for more than you need.
PrintVis is a solution you won’t outgrow.