PrintVis Understands the Unique Needs of the Packaging Industry
Manufacturers of folding cartons and other commercial packaging face multiple challenges as their clients seek ever-more creative ways to attract consumers to their product. While the end user will so frequently discard the outer packaging without a second thought, PrintVis understands the painstaking lengths to which packaging companies must go to keep their customers happy, and the hundreds of production hours typically involved with a single carton run.
From the estimating stage to pre-production and the many, many stops on the shop floor through which a carton must go before finally landing on a store shelf, packaging facilities understand there is very little room for error if a job is to remain profitable. One overlooked knockout at the UV coater can waste an entire position at the fold/glue stage, leading to potential job shortages, eaten material costs, re-runs and, in such cases as the pharmaceutical industry, numerous liabilities which can threaten the very health of your packaging company.
Think of PrintVis, with its smart, customizable ERP solution built right on Microsoft Dynamics NAV, as a sort of “pre” quality control assurance. PrintVis will make your packaging company run smarter, more smoothly, more streamlined and with the captured data you need to optimize your enterprise internally, as well as impress and retain your customers.
PrintVis Gives You Control Over Your Production Workflow:
- Quickly determine if a carton/box is in stock and issue a production order if not
- Produce more than ordered, put the remainder on inventory, invoice the ordered quantity
- Plan multiple shipments of goods on future dates on the same order. Invoice now or as shipped
- Import your die layout and display this on the shop floor screens
- Store layouts of finished goods for future use
- Manage and pick dies (house dies or customer owned) in a searchable library
- Purchase dies for special jobs and add the cost to the job costing
- Manage life cycles for dies (impression counts)
- Manage Customer-finished goods or standard box items in variations (e.g. Mint/Chamomile/Tea Tree variants of the same box size in same order)
- Manage batches of same finished good (e.g. medical industry boxes or items) and track which orders produced them
- Reruns of orders with different quantities on variations.
- Production planning with independent tools (move between machines)
- Quality assurance steps/questions to control production process with stop-function if required
- SLA and SLA reporting possibility per customer or per finished goods item if required
- Coatings and required knockouts
- Folding & Gluing
- Finishing – such as foil stamping, embossing, tip-ins and more
- Materials required for all of the above
PrintVis 2013 R2 Features and Functionality
- Full Integration to Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Online Cloud Storage
- More Customization Options within the PrintVis Tools Module
- Web2PrintVis Completely Rewritten with stand-alone Backend Functionality
- 2 New Dashboard Role Centers!
- Cash Flow Management also includes projection from PrintVis orders
- New Report Available for Assistance with Migration to SkyDrive
- PrintVis Bitmaps Now Included with the R2 Release
- And Much More!
One key challenge to packaging production is by far the die imposition, especially when the production requires individual job items to be nested into one another for optimum use of the substrate. PrintVis elegantly resolves these issues with the ability to upload images to the system’s Imposition Types, and present the actual images on the calculation as well as in selected reports. The imposition is fixed with the specifications given on the setup of the imposition type. Users see an actual image of the sheet layout with nested job items, rather than generic rectangles representing pages.
Detail of the Imposition
Each imposition type stores information on sheet, or web size, number of items on actual imposition, # up, as well as a large range of other information such as bleed, trim marks, gripper and gutter distance, stock caliper and more.
Furthermore you can store information on inner formats (L x W x H) and search on this input to select the best fit imposition for any new jobs.
Of course, dies can be cataloged in PrintVis as well, to correspond with the imposition types and ensure you have the die you need in house prior to production.
In packaging the estimation process must factor in numerous specifics, such as the substrate type, material type, cost and waste for areas to be glued on a carton, necessary coating knockouts for proper adhesion and more. PrintVis offers detailed individual fields to specify areas where glue is to be applied, as well as the number of points to glue and of course much more. The estimation stage of your packaging operation is absolutely critical – PrintVis provides a state-of-the-art platform for taking all elements of production into informed consideration!
PrintVis 2013 R2 features a base built directly from Microsoft, multiple new functionalities and bug fixes, and amazing ease of access by being both “in” MS Office365 and “on” MS Azure.
Quotes, order confirmations, invoicing and much more can now be pulled directly from the cloud – all you need is an internet connection!