We offer PrintVis as a fully-hosted solution in the cloud.
This means you can “rent” your print MIS system as a monthly subscription and escape the traditional, up-front investment of licenses and hardware. You still get all the print-specific functionality of PrintVis in the full ERP of Dynamics NAV, it’s just not rooted in your own server room anymore.
Try PrintVis for yourself with the click-thru demo below!
The trend for cloud-based business operation is growing stronger every year. More of our new customers are choosing to benefit by moving away from the risks of in-house databases, and we have several new cloud customers in the U.S. ready to go live in the next few months.
The internet has dramatically changed the way we do business.
When you choose to have your PrintVis solution hosted in the cloud (on our servers instead of in your building), you get anywhere/anytime access to your data from your virtual office, liberating you from the daily chores of infrastructure upkeep.
Just think – how nice would it be to never worry about IT and its associated expenses, such as expensive hardware, system upgrades, costly staff and even energy consumption?
What is the true cost of ownership of your current solution(s)?
Many factors are relevant to all companies – but perhaps with different levels of value and impact. Depending on the size of your company, the number of user seats you need and other considerations, an on-prem solution may make more sense, or a PrintVis cloud-hosted solution may be exactly what you need.
Here are some things to consider:
- The cost of license compared to cost of subscription price
- The cost of software maintenance for software system per month/year
- The cost of support contract per month/year
- The cost of upgrading your existing MIS system
- The cost of upgrade for its related software, such as office packages and SQL server software
- The cost of hardware maintenance, hardware experts and insurance of machinery
- The cost of individual user PCs renewal to adhere to software
- The risk of breakdown, theft, damages and other accidents quantified to monetary value
Now let’s take a look at some of the measurable benefits of implementing a cloud-hosted solution from PrintVis.
- It’s highly scalable – You can add or remove seats as your business expands, or contracts. Let’s be honest – the printing industry can be volatile, and the last thing you need is the burden of long-term financial commitment and the risks associated with purchasing (and installing) expensive systems and equipment.
- It’s flexible – Simple to upgrade or downgrade User types and numbers, you are never locked into a version or paying for more than you need.
- The money you save – Could go to more immediate needs – such as a new employee
- It’s accessible – All you need is the internet to procure real-time visibility of your production
- It’s liberating – Accessing company data from anywhere means users have the flexibility to work off-site, such as your sales people, who won’t have to ask you for a production status while visiting clients
- Fast to deploy– With our RapidStart setup you can achieve implementation in a fraction of the time other systems require
- Surprisingly affordable – Multiple implementation plans, user types and bundled service offerings allow you to tailor to your budget
- It’s unifying – You can streamline your entire business with the integrated suite of services that PrintVis and Microsoft provide
- It gives you continuity – Let’s say a fire destroys your building – you’d still have ALL your data, and can be up and running as soon as you want to get a new press in. You wouldn’t need to hire anyone else from an IT or support standpoint. So in essence, our software gives you both autonomy and deep support when you want it.
- It gives you community – Access to the vast Microsoft Partner Ecosystem, where you will find a world of add-ons for virtually any need
Microsoft offers their own secure hosting environment called Azure. We use this for our customers and place your databases safely in the trusted hands of Microsoft.
With our cloud offering, we’ll get you PrintVis installed with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, fully hosted on Microsoft Azure (which alleviates expensive downtime, hardware, server rooms and IT costs on your end).
From there, you can add different users as needed, get online training sessions, leverage e-learning, videos, webinars and more, so that you can learn at your own pace!
PrintVis and Microsoft Dynamics NAV give you access to a vast library of documentation, e-learning, videos, user forums and much more. As a part of the Microsoft product suite, the user interface is intuitive and will feel comfortable to most users from the very first use!
Free PDF – Click below to open or download.
Does Cloud Computing Have You Questioning Your Technology Footprint?
Technology has, obviously, changed our world and continues to make a profound impact on how we do business every day. For example, what once held small businesses back has been made possible with software and services now available through cloud computing. Although QuickBooks is available online, there are a number of other affordable deployment options now available bringing down the cost of a much more comprehensive business management solution like PrintVis with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
You Need Flexible Deployment Choices
The number one reason organizations move to the cloud is so they can experiment more easily at a lower cost (Harvard Business Review Report: How the Cloud Looks from the Top: Achieving Competitive Advantage in the Age of Cloud Computing), but security is typically a top concern for organizations. Naturally, the system that runs your print business needs to be accessible anytime, from anywhere to allow for flexibility, but only to those granted access to that information. Some organizations ease this concern by taking a hybrid approach to cloud computing, putting some of their data in the cloud while other data remains on-premises. But not many business solutions offer this type of flexibility. You know you’ve outgrown QuickBooks if you’re feeling limited by their deployment options.
The PrintVis solution for the graphics industry with Microsoft Dynamics NAV offers choices – whether cloud, on-premises, or a combination of both is the best approach for your business. We can deliver on your terms, making sure you have a solution that fits your needs. Here are your 3 primary options with PrintVis:
- Public Cloud: PrintVis takes a web-hosting model in which the data and application resides in a secure remote server such as Microsoft Azure and can be accessed via an Internet browser or non-browser applications for your mobile or tablet devices. From here you still have the option to purchase your licenses outright or “rent” on a monthly basis (“subscription model”). Don’t let the word “Public” scare you – your data is entirely secure and private.
- Private Cloud: adopts the virtualized, self-service model of the public cloud; however, it typically does so within your company’s firewall and is located at your company or vendor-hosted datacenter. Your can still either own or PrintVis or lease it as a service. An important distinction from the public cloud model is that the service is provisioned exclusively for your organization (i.e., single tenancy) without any sharing of infrastructure among multiple customers.
- On-Premises: Our software is installed and run on your dedicated servers in-house. Under this “perpetual” model, you own and service the hardware infrastructure and the installed software licenses.
Microsoft has invested millions of dollars to cloud computing resources over the past few years to ensure their cloud options are what our customers need. With our ongoing commitment to technology advancement, you can be sure your investment is backed by a strong roadmap of future innovation.
Connie Silverman, Controller at Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts says, “By using cloud-based Microsoft technologies, including Microsoft Dynamics, we generate substantial savings and efficiencies; practice transparent, sound financial management; and bring outstanding performing-arts events to a growing numbers of patrons.”
Browse some Microsoft case studies to see how a cloud deployment has delivered significant benefits to a huge variety of businesses, large and small, around the world.