SHOP FLOOR ROLE CENTER UPDATES
For 2020, we have made a nice round of improvements to the Shop Floor Role Center.
- The Production Plan is now available in both Tile and List Views, set on a per-User basis. We received feedback from some operators who preferred the more extended job information displayed in the List view.
- Tiles for recording indirect time are now displayed on the lower row of the Production Plan.
- From the “Started Jobs” window, an operator can pull up his/her job with a single click, to continue working – or to stop or finalize the process.
- For jobs that require more than one worker at a time (for example, one is the press operator, the other a helper, stacking paper), multiple users can log in and register their time during the same process, at the same Cost Center. Only the last operator to mark the process ‘Complete’ will update the Planning Unit.
- If a process is split into multiple ‘units’ – it could be a 10 hour job, split into 4 and 6 hours, or a large digital press sheet split to multiple presses – each of those units is now fully managed individually, and can start and stop independently.
- There is a new Fact Box on the Shop Floor Page, presenting User Fields (formerly only the external description was shown).
- To avoid inadvertent double registration of time from the Shop Floor, starting an indirect time recording (such as for press maintenance) now can automatically stop any direct time recording. (This is done in the setup.)
CONSUME LOT – IMPROVED INVENTORY MANAGEMENT FROM THE SHOP FLOOR
- There are new and different options, set on a per-user basis, to consume items via the Shop Floor Page. The options are ‘Items’, ‘Lot-number’ and ‘Special Function’ – where Items is a list being populated, Lot-number is for scanning a barcode and Special Function, to allow a custom-made solution.
- Item Bin Contents – shows only Locations and Bins with available inventory items so you don’t have to hunt around for paper, ink, laminate, coatings, etc.
IMPROVED CAPACITY GROUPS SETUP
- With some quick setup you can now define if you want to see the Capacity Groups in the current Production Plan, an individual Capacity Unit or the entire Capacity Group
- Possibility to view everything in the selected grouping instead of a single machine
- From a Production Plan window there is now a Find Job button which will pull up the ticket for any job by entering the Job number.